A hug is all it takes

You forget sometimes that physical touch is a very powerful tool. It certainly can make the "owies" go away for a child. But sometimes we forget that adults need a hug too.

I have a friend that just found out around 2 wks ago that she has breast cancer. Over the past few weeks she has been through numerous tests. What they know so far is that the cancer probably came from somewhere other than the breast....and she is probably going to have surgery and possibly need a bone marrow transplant. This is a lot to learn in just two weeks. She and her husband are doing as well as could possibly be expected.

What do you say to someone who has had their world turned up-side-down? Really there isn't much you can say. I was able to give her a hug and tell her I was praying for her. I was thinking positive thoughts and would be there in any way I could.

I asked if there was anything I could do to make life a little easier for her and her husband and she actually said that if I could help keep their laundry done it would make life much easier. They don't have a washer and dryer and normally he takes it with him when he goes to Denver for work. But since finding out about this cancer, he hasn't been going to work.

Sometimes you just asking HOW you can help can make their life easier. Otherwise, just be there for them! Also....remember how blessed you are each day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kid 2.......

I'm in a funk