Kid 2.......

As a mom I felt like I had the parent thing pretty under control with my first baby.  We were always put together and did lots of play dates and such.  Travel was easy....just throw some stuff into a bag and go.  Plus my first baby was an easy going kid.

Cue baby 2.  My pregnancy was pretty easy, but I did take a fall at the end of the pregnancy and then that same night began vomiting with some virus.  Between being sore and then spending the whole evening vomiting, I was in rough shape the next morning.  I started labor at almost 4 weeks early.  I ended up in the hospital with them trying to stop labor (and doing so successfully) and then realizing I was farther than they wanted in my labor so then started it up again with induction.   Ugh.

Natalie was born after a short induced labor.  She was tiny in comparison to her older sister.  And had some minor issues with breathing and was played under an oxygen tent.  She did fine and was released a few days later. 

When we were home Natalie wasn't the happiest of babies.  She was pretty fussy and really only wanted ME.  For 9 months she pretty much cried if she was awake, unless I was holding her. 

When Kayla was a new baby I thought it was strange when people would ask if "she was a good baby?"  Well of course she's a good baby.  lol  Well Once Natalie came along I "got" it. 

After her first year of life, she became a delightful child.  She is gave me less headaches growing up than my other kids and continues to work hard and stay focused on her dreams.    Natalie didn't have to be told more than once when it came to correcting behavior or attitude generally.  She watched what her older sister did, and choose not to go down the same road of butting heads with mom.  lol    She has a very tender heart and stood up for those that needed a friend.  She is definitely emotional and I fear that it comes from my genes.  HA

Natalie is also my very adventurous child.  She decided she wanted to study aboard and went about making it happen.  She did the research, found an organization she could go through, and did the leg work to submit her application.  She was awarded a full ride scholarship through the State Department to spend her junior year of high school in India!  What an amazing journey she was able to take.  I believe it helped shape the rest of her life. 

Natalie is now nearing 20 years old and has a good idea of how she wants her life to look in the future.  She is in college and studying architectural engineering.   Unlike me, she has her whole college career planned out class by class.  She was smart enough to look forward and see that some classes needed to be taken over the summer last year in order for everything else to work. 

She will spend her summer working for an engineering company doing a paid internship.  Oh the doors that will open for this child!  I can't wait to see what the future holds. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm in a funk

A hug is all it takes