Amazing how changing your thoughts change everything!

I have been spending a good portion of my day thinking about what it is that I want out of life. Not just things like I want a clean house (which would be a miracle in and of itself), but more like big life goals. Things like before the end of the year I want to take my kids to Disneyland for Christmas, and having a good looking savings account.

I have been working on thinking positive thoughts about all these things. I've been dreaming of these things. I truly believe these things will happen! There is NO doubt in my mind. I can picture just how it will work out.

The funny thing, or maybe not funny but remarkable thing is, it is catching like wild fire!  My children have gotten in on it as well.

I sat down and explained just a small portion of the logic behind the movie The Secret to Kayla one evening. I was telling her that she needed to expect things in school to be good. No worrying about if she would be bullied by the same boy as last year. Just see yourself going through each day with nothing but good things happening. Then we sat down and watched The Secret together.

The next day my children, the three oldest, came to me to show me the "vision boards" they had created. Kayla told the other two about the movie and then took it and showed it to them. They all came to me and showed me what they had created!

As a parent, there are many moments that you see your children and there is no way you could be more proud! This was one for me. My children are learning to think outside the box. They are learning to think and dream.  They see how we've traveled. I believe they won't be stopped by narrow minded people that say you have to work a 9-5 job in order for work to be "real". They have the whole world before them now! And THAT is exciting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kid 2.......

A hug is all it takes

I'm in a funk