So you're getting married?

I'm engaged for the 2nd time in my life.  Never saw that coming.  HA  I will say that the 2nd time around is harder.  I think for the same reason the a relationship is more difficult so is an engagement and planning a wedding.  When you are young you don't know who you are or what you want.  Everything is a new adventure and you sorta grow into who you will be as an adult.  You're more flexible to change because you haven't lived long enough to really know firmly what type of person you will be.  Fast forward 22 years, and that can't be said for now.  I've lived a lot of life and while I am still changing and morphing into who I am right now, largely I'm set in ways.  Does anyone else relate?  In other words, I'm stubborn.
The same can be said for what I want in a wedding.  I want everything I didn't have the first time.  However, this is on our dime and I don't want to spend the kind of money that my "dream wedding" requires.  You've heard the saying wine taste on a champagne budget?  Mine is more like wine taste on bubbly water budget.  LOL  In my mind I see lots of lights, rose peddles, romance,  fancy food, big cake, and an epic party.  AND.....I say 100-150 people, but I find myself wanting to invite everyone I've ever known.  Not even like close friends and family.  I'm talking about people I haven't talked to in 20 plus years.  The really kind cashier at the store.  My kids friends.  I want everyone to come and party with us.  🙄  Now since most venues and caterers charge so much per person.....this destroys my budget. 
Things are also complicated by my December wedding date.  This kills the chance to have a big back yard type of party.  Plus I suppose it is tacky to send invites saying "BYOB and food for the grill!  Will supply potato salad and chips."  LOL
So what we will get?  Who will be invited?  That my friends is a daily challenge at this point.  Emails are sent out each day to find a venue that I deem both affordable and that will meet our needs.  I am in search for an awesome DJ and photographer and a videographer (is that a word?) for the day. I mean have you seen those wedding videos?  So cool.  Oh I also want a photo booth where all my guest can stand in front of a camera and act completely crazy with silly signs and fun props.  I want a full bar so we can all celebrate with our drink of choice.  Yes......I want it all.   That said, I have only a few months to plan and collect the funds needed to make my dreams a reality.  LOL  So stay tuned to see what we actually decide on.  There will be lots of posts on the wedding drama.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kid 2.......

A hug is all it takes

I'm in a funk